Monday, January 16, 2012

Animes this month and to come

Alright, so here's to begin the section of this blog where I actually start taking teh Animes into consideration. I'm going to be periodically watching these in the backround and giving my opinions and judgements, and if it's good maybe entire thesis's around these series. I figure if I'm announcing this on a public albit obscure and insignificant blog, I might be slightly more motivated to get around to watching this. Plus I'll be more motivated in school due to being more motivated to wanting to watch these. Mostly it will be anime, but as I said I'm open to whatever floats my boat. It may be western cartoons or even sitcoms, although I'm tempted to make that a seperate section of this little review segment.
Lots of them will have Transgendered, Gender Bender, Fetish-bases, Yuri or Yaoi content. Others might have philosophical questioning or deep thought based medium. (Although not enoguh to be boring,confusing or overbearing, like Neon Genesis) And still others perhaps will be 'just because.'
Kiddy Grade

This is a show I've been wanting to watch for a long time. It has space drama, action, lipstick weapons, comedy, and yuri-undertones, what more could one ask for? Also Éclair is really cool and hot. Also her outfit reminds me of another character that I'll save the mention for at another time.


Kampfer

I've heard a lot of good things about this series, and it's become pretty main-stream throughout the TG online sphere. (I've seen it tons in art, TG captions,ect) It has some supposed good action too it seems. So this one I shall be giving a try.


Noein
Noein is a series I picked up recently because the concept seemed kind of interesting. Time-travel was involved and so was teen-angst, soooo much angst it could make both Sasuke and Shinji Ikari roll over in their Okatu graves. But the opening scene (on the first episode) was good and there's some decent drama going on. I'm 3 episodes in, but I'll keep shoveling through it and see what results.



HxH (2011 Version)
Apparently they re-booted this series, which I was sooo soo so happy for. It's been ages since I've watched some of the original and the OVAS, longer still since I've read the manga. Those dang Hiatuses always did in for me. But now the show and series is back, and my excitement has reverberated once again down this echo of nostalgia. Although it will be quite a while before we see the likes of Gender-Traps Pitou, Kalluto, or Alluka, I'll tough it out for the long ride ahead.


       Jigoku Shōjo (Hell Girl)
Have seen some of this show recently, it's really creepy but suprisingly captivating. It also reminded me of XXXHolic another show that caught my eye with it's 'occult like themes'. I don't know yet if there's an over-arching plot since they all seem to be shorts based around the same concept, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Well, that's all for now. I suppose I'll get around to these. There a few others I want to watch through and review as well, (BlackButler, more of the Slayers' Series) but they're have to wait for another time when I burn through this wood of japanese animation. There's lots of space in the forest, and this lumber-jack Pyro has plenty of fuel to use up.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment